Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I already have it all!

My flesh labors futilely in its continual quest for "stuff", satisfaction, security…

Occasionally it is necessary to pause for rest, … and then, and only then... I hear a tender yet authoritative Voice declare that I already have all that I seek.

May I learn from Paul, who wrote:

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
.......
But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
.......
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have...".



And may I also always remember the words of my friend, Kim Spruth, who taught me that "Joy is a decision".

It has become apparent that I can "choose joy" by choosing to seek, focus upon and honor the good in every person; and seek, focus upon and be grateful for the good in every situation.