Saturday, November 22, 2008

Take photos at all times, and whenever necessary, use words

If a picture is worth a thousand, then here is a short novel.
Click on any image to enlarge.




















































The very best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago; the second best time is today. (African Proverb)




Her name is Emerthe (I think). She came up to my Rwandese friend and me, and in the sweetest and softest voice you can imagine (and which I could hardly hear), she asked my friend in Kinyarwanda: Is he my Compassion [International] father? Can you imagine how sorry I was when my friend had to tell her: "No, he is not." Does anyone remember Jack Nicholson coming apart at the end of "About Schmidt"? Africa is full of pain, disappointment, and loss. It is sometimes very difficult to bear. It is wrong to think that "Africans must be used to it".