Monday, June 13, 2011

What does the Lord require of you?

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do something I can do.
Helen Keller
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tom Phillips, Social Entrepreneur (not Tom Allen) 


Edmund Burke described differently this challenge that is so convicting and motivating: "Nobody made a greater mistake than they who did nothing because they thought they could do only a little."
He has told you, O man, what is good;
What does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness
and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6
We are to be and to do what we were created for,… “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Jesus does not ask us to bear more than we are able,… just to do and be what we were created to be.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and my load is not hard to carry.”
Jesus