Sunday, May 4, 2008

Just a few words


I am told that blogs have very short life spans. They quickly degenerate, and then die an ignoble death. I hope that doesn't happen here, but this post may be the first sign of the inevitable.

I have been reproved for my recent silence, so I gotta get something posted, even though it is after midnight and I am dead tired:

Your many "Comments" and e-mails in response to my last post are GREAT and very much appreciated. (Chris Kall researched and wrote an 8 page doctoral thesis.) I look forward to re-reading everything and writing a post summarizing what you all have taught me.

I took a very quick trip to D.R. Congo to see the contrast between the consequences of good governance and, well, not quite as good governance.

Todd is finally much better. Again, I feel foolish for having suggested that malaria is no big deal for those with money and access to health care. I hereby publicly apologize to Todd for my ignorance and insensitivity.

I think I may have found a house in Kigali. I hope to close the deal this week. If I get it, I'll post pictures.

Presently the most exciting thing for me is the prospect of Nathan spending this summer with me in Rwanda. I certainly hope it works out. It would be a great experience for both of us.

More later. Good night.